Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Gwendolyn Rorer
I'm Gwendolyn Groce Rorer. My first love for working in special education evolved from being in the first grade. My 1st grade teacher saw my potential and overall passion and desire to become an educator. I loved school and I loved learning. Over time, my first grade assignments involved working on reading and math with groups of students with challenges. My peers were very receptive and willing to accept my support. I was on "cloud nine"!....in a good way! Helping others became such an electrifying experience. At the end of each year, my teacher would measure the students' growth, using the SRA standardized tests (remember those)? The results indicated remarkable gains in both reading and math from those students whom I had supported. Needless to say, whenever I am working with a student and teaching him/her how to recite poems or memorize lines from a play, it does nothing but take me back to those "I Do", "We Do", and "You Do" days.,,,,Electrifying!!!
I believe that every child can learn. Although some children learn at different paces and in different ways, every child has the ability to grow and progress.
I am looking forward to a wonderful year of working with your child with anticipation that he/she will soar and make incredible gains.
- Married for 38 years to Mr. Allen D. Rorer, Sr.
- Two adult children: Dr. Alisha L. Rorer & Mr. Allen "A.J." Rorer, Jr.
- One grandson: Kayson Charles Rorer
- One grand puppy: King Ashton Rorer
- Favorite Quotes: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and not lean on your own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge HIM and HE shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6
Wisdom is the principal thing. Therefore, get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding. Proverbs 4:7
Cast all of your cares upon HIM; for HE cares for you. I Peter 5:7
Hobbies & Interests
I enjoy reading inspirational books from Oprah's Book Club selection: a few selected authors: Wally Lamb, Joyce Meyer, Iyanla Vanzant, Rick Warren, and Max Lucado. Other authors that I prefer are Suze D. Orman, Robert Kiyoosaki, and Scott H. Young
- A-Administration Certification: Educational Leadership/UNA
- M.Ed-Special Education:Specific Learning Disabilities (K-12)/AAMU
- LBSW-Licensure in Social Work (July, 2011)
- BSW-Bachelor of Social Work/UNA
- Diploma: Russellville High School/RCS, Alabama
From the Prayer of Jabez: "Oh, that THOU would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, and that THINE hand might be with me, and that THOU would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain". I Chronicles 4:10
- Special Education Teacher- Transition & Resource-Deshler High School
- Parent Involvement Coordinator-Russellville City Headstart
- Social Service Coordinator-Systems Facilitator-Russellville City Headstart
- Quality Assurance Narrative Writer-SCOPE 310
- Curriculum Developer-Northwest Alabama Community Action Agency
- Para-legal Assistant-Law Firm (unlisted for confidentiality purposes)
- Teacher-Vacation Bible School-St. Paul C.M.E. Methodist Church
- Case Manager-Riverbend Mental Health Center:Summer Camp Programs