Degrees and Certifications:
Undergrad- BS Early Childhood and Elementary Education Masters or Education- M.ED School Counseling
Mrs. Faith Taylor
My name is Faith Taylor. I am married to Jordan Taylor. We have a daughter named Ellie and a rescue dog, named Snuggles. I play an active role in service at my church, Woodmont Baptist in Florence, AL. I have been the School Counselor at GW Trenholm Primary School since 2017.
I am from Florence, AL and graduated from high school at Shoals Christian school. I received an undergraduate degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education in 2008 and a Masters in School Counseling from the University of West Alabama in 2014. I was a classroom teacher in Pre-Kindergarten, first grade, and 4th grade for 8 years before switching to the role of school counselor.
My role as a school counselor has been a very rewarding experience. It is a joy for me to be able to work with students, teachers, administrators, and parents. We work together to ensure educational and personal character success stories for our students.
My school counseling motto is, “ to support student success in a nurturing environment.”
- All children are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Every student can succeed.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community which leads to responsible and productive citizenship.
- Every student needs appropriate personal and social skills to achieve optimum benefits from the educational program.
- A comprehensive, developmental school counseling program is not a support service but an integral part of the total education program.
- A developmentally appropriate school counseling program provides important benefits to individual students by addressing their intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and psychological needs.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need my assistance. I want to wish you an amazing school year!