Degrees and Certifications:
Cullman High School University of North Alabama-Bachelors University of North Alabama-Masters
Mrs. Beth Fennel
- Colbert Heights High School 1994-1997. Taught girls PE. Coached volleyball and basketball.
- R.E.Thompson 1997-Present.
Hello! My name is Beth Fennel. I am married to Gordon Fennel and have two children, Katherine and Ben. I love being active and feel exercise should be a part of everyones life. "I am as nice as you let me be or as mean as you make me".
RET PE Rules:
Physical Education Requirements
1. Students must have tennis shoes or some type of sandal with a back strap, i.e. crocks, to participate. They may change for PE if they wear another type of shoe to school.
2. Girls should bring shorts or sweat pants to slip on under their dress or skirt.
3. Students must have a written note by their parent /guardian or a doctor's excuse to be excused from PE. A doctor's excuse is required if a student must sit out for 5 or more consecutive days.
Physical Education Rules
1. Follow directions from the teacher.
2. Keep hands, feet and other objects to oneself.
3. Obey safety rules.
4. GET QUIET AND LISTEN WHEN THE TEACHER IS TALKING.
5. Dress properly for PE
6. Come to gym and leave gym in a quiet and orderly line.
7. Participate correctly in exercises and activities.
STUDENTS WHO CHOOSE NOT TO FOLLOW THE RULES WILL FACE THE FOLLOWING CONSEQUENCES:
A students' grade will be obtained from participation and sportsmanship rather than ability. When students do not participate correctly, or display bad sportsmanship, they will receive a mark. Each mark is two points deducted from their grade. Also, on Choice day, they will write sentences or Honor Codes. A parent conference will be requested for students who receive excessive marks. Subsequent consequences are as follows:
1. Office Referral
2. Detention Hall
3. Saturday School
PE is a time to be active, get involved and let off some energy. PE is also a class, just like computer or other classes outside the classroom, with rules to follow. Please discuss these rules with your children. With your support, we can have a year of fun, games and physical activity. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding your child.